18-Ishinomaki A-35.jpg
Map from 180211 Article.jpg

<5>
Kim Da Ru Street Ishinomaki District
taken by US military doctor, 1951

(temporary English Translation)
2018.02.11

 Kimpira street, where Satomi head office and Mikiya head office used to be, connects the former back town (Omachi) street with the former Nakamachi Street, the river bank of the former Kitakami River. The street history dates back to the Edo era and was called "Yagiya Dingo" on the way to Ishinomaki Nakamachi and "Minamura Tamachi / Honmachi" on the other side of the former Kitakami River on the way to "Nakamachi".  

When the Utsumi bridge came over in the Meiji era, when a fish market opened in Nakase, fresh fish traders and Kamaboko (Kamaboko) traders gathered, and the Ishinomaki's kitchen as Ishinami Town · boiled town with "Sarukoya side street" It will be a town to cover. 

In March 1951, Mr. Kiyosaku Kikuchi in the town became the promoter and worshiped Shinko's Kaneda Rira (Shrine) Shrine, and in the residence on the south side of the street Kim Dora Shrine (Ishinomaki Small old former worship residence reuse) established. We will revise the street name with the approval of the town and neighborhood. 

The luxurious gate at the entrance to the street was established in early April. The upper line is "Shinshan Kanpira-dori", the pillars on both sides are read as "entrance to Gala Dragon shrine full of fruitful harvest", "Shopping is in this city of sincere and inexpensive", expectation to the new town name, spirit You can feel it. Sakurai clothing store on the right side of the entrance, Chrysanthu shop on the fresh fish character, "Kimura shop" on the left (after furniture store). 

The concrete well below the left gate is the old well well known in the old backyard. In the Boshin war, former shogunate army soldiers who missed Enomoto fleet headed to Hakodate were executed by the new government forces. In the vicinity of this well, there is a sad history that became the place of the two prisoners' heads of the city along with the Hijokoji high-bid place. 

The width of the road is different near the well, and it is a town border. The wide road in front of the well is the old back street, the narrower one is the old middle side, the end is Ishiyama of Gomatsuyama. (Regional historian / Seiji Hemi) 
※ U.S. military doctor took 1951, Ishinomaki district <4> Omako Beach and bay
http://ishinomaki.kahoku.co.jp/news/2018/02/20180204t13011.htm

<Please give us the information> The posted photos are taken at the website of the photographer's eldest son Alain Butler "Miyagi 1951" You can browse. https://www.miyagi1951.com

Information on photographs, please contact Mr. Homemi 090 (4317) 7706.

2018.02.11

米軍医が撮った1951、石巻地方<5> 金毘羅通り

 かつてサトミ本店や三木屋本店があった金毘羅(こんぴら)通りは、旧裏町(大町)通りと旧中町通り、旧北上川の川岸を結びます。通りの歴史は江戸時代までさかのぼり、石巻村中町と旧北上川対岸の湊村田町・本町を結ぶ「中の渡」(中町渡)への道で、「八百屋丁」と呼ばれました。
 明治期に内海橋が架かり、中瀬に魚市場が開設されると鮮魚商や蒲鉾(かまぼこ)業者が集まり、サルコヤ脇の横町とともに「肴(さかな)町・煮肴町」として石巻人の台所を賄う町となります。
 1951(昭和26)年3月、町内の海産物商菊地清作氏が発起人となり四国の金刀比羅(ことひら)神社を分祀(ぶんし)し、通り南側の屋敷内に金毘羅神社(石巻小の旧奉安殿再利用)を創建。町内と近隣の賛同を得て通り名称を改めます。
 通り入り口の豪華な門は、4月上旬に設置。上段は「肴町 金比羅通」、両側の柱は「五穀豊穣(ほうじょう) 大漁満船 金毘羅神社入口」、「お買物は誠実と廉価の此の街で」と読め、新町名への期待、心意気が感じ取れます。入り口右側はサクライ洋品店、鮮魚の文字は菊清商店、左側は「木村商店」(後の家具店)。
 左の門柱下のコンクリート井戸は、旧裏町で最も良く知られた古井戸です。戊辰戦争では、箱館に向かう榎本艦隊に乗り遅れた旧幕府軍兵士らが新政府軍によって処刑されました。この井戸の付近は、広小路の高札場とともに市内2カ所のさらし首の場所となった悲しい歴史があります。
 井戸付近で道路幅員が異なっており、町境となっています。井戸前の広い道が旧裏町、奥の狭い方が旧中町側、突き当たりは五松山の石山です。(郷土史家・辺見清二)

※米軍医が撮った1951、石巻地方<4> 大曲浜と入り江
http://ishinomaki.kahoku.co.jp/news/2018/02/20180204t13011.htm
<情報をお寄せください>
 掲載された写真は、撮影者の長男アラン・バトラー氏のウェブサイト「Miyagi 1951」で閲覧できます。https://www.miyagi1951.com/
 写真に関する情報は辺見氏 090(4317)7706 にお寄せください。

Comment